THE FLEA MARKET AT EASTERN MARKET is OPEN
The Flea Market at Eastern Market is operating under a government issued waiver. During the COVID-19 emergency the market must follow strict safety protocols ensuring that customers are able to practice proper social distancing and staff and vendors alike use protective equipment and follow City and market management guidelines for sales, interaction and proper safety measures.
D A T E S / H O U R S :
EVERY SUNDAY. ADVERTISED HOURS ARE FROM 9AM-3PM.
L O C A T I O N :
300 BLOCK OF 7TH STREET SE. WASHINGTON, DC
In order to operate safely, market management will ensure and enforce the following requirements :
• Minimizing queueing and ensuring those in line are at least 6 feet apart
• Ensuring all exhibitor booths are 10 feet apart
• Immediately disbursing groups of people that form in public space near the entrances and exits of the market to reduce the risk of requiring closure of the market
• Ensuring compliance with all public health requirements, including sanitizing and/or hand washing and providing signage on requirements and guidelines
• Providing for a single entrance and exit for a one-way flow of customers, including markings for 6 feet of distance
• Limiting the entrance of customers into the market such that there are no lines of more than 2 customers at the stalls
• Reducing browsing and reducing the number of purchasing options by vendors
At this time, the market is not accepting new exhibitors or hosting performances.
Shoppers will also be reminded to do their part :
• Maintain a 6' distance between yourself, staff, vendor stand employees, and other customers
• Wear a face covering
• If you are sick, stay home
• No pets
• Do not pick up any products, ask an employee to help you
• If you sneeze or cough, do so only into a tissue (immediately disposing of it) or the crease of your elbow
• Thoroughly wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
• If hand washing is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Be patient, and kind--we're all in this together
find unique and wonderful items
offered by our long standing participants. All have made considerable investments in their businesses and towards making the market experience a rich and enjoyable one.